Monday, December 6, 2010

Sin

There are some aspects of my personality that I do not understand. Sometimes I have a load of self control, other times I have no control over myself. Uually the moments of lack of self control come and go as I am left wondering what I was thinking.
I have at least one annoying personality flaw that drives me crazy; my wife would tell you that I have more than one personality flaw so that is why I said at least 1. If sin is our seperation from God, my personality flaw cirtianly classifies as sin. So why is it so hard for me to stop this annoying and degrading behavior? I know all its ins and outs. I know how it seperates me from God. I know how it divides me from other people. I know how it affects my perception and values of others and how this perticulat flaw distorts my perception of reality. Yet, often before I even know I am sinning my flaw becomes manifest. I know I am not alone in facing my sin. I hope someday I will have control over it and be able to share my knowledge to help others overcome the flaw so that a relationship with God can be restored. Until that time I know I am not alone on my journey; I continue to learn and grow and trust that God, in the goodness of his time, will rescue me. This is why I am a Methodist following the theology of Wesley; this is my persuit of perfection. Always seeking to be better than what I am yet kn owing that God created me and loves me. It is the part of me that I have created that needs help.

No comments:

Post a Comment