Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sinning More

I have been wrestling with the sin of omission this week.
I have been very aware of the places and people I have left hanging in my life. You know; the person you see in the hospital, they go home and you fail to follow up an their progress. The family you see at the Funeral Home, they leave and you never call to see how they are dealing with their grief.
I believe that people without faith deal with this with one of two responses; "oh well" or depression, seeing themselves as totally worthless and incapable of anything even remotely resembling anything close to a decent human response.
People of faith know about grace. Grace is a wonderful thing. In one breath grace convicts you of the area where you need to grow and also tells you you are loved and worth the life of the Son of God. Grace shows me where I need to grow, not what a worthless creature I am. It shows me how to be closer to God, not a hopelessness in how far away God might seem. Grace lets me know that i need to change but also that I am accepted just as I am.
God loves us just as we are and shows us how we can be more like God through our thoughts, words, and actions. How is God working in and through you as a result of the sin in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment